Gerry Hemingway: Following His Muse
The visual aspect is just another component for a musician who, for more than three decades, has been willing to follow his muse where it takes him, whether composing or improvising, playing solo or in groups, stretching out to vibraphones and marimba or, as he said, turning around to "whack those drums.
· BassDrumBone - Wooferlo (Soul Note, 1987)
· Anthony Braxton - Willisau (Quartet) 1991 (hatART, 1991)
· Gerry Hemingway - Slamadam (Random Acoustics, 1991-'94)
· Gerry Hemingway - Down to the Wire (hatART, 1991)
· Gerry Hemingway - Johnny's Corner Song (Auricle, 1997)
· Gerry Hemingway - Devil's Paradise (Clean Feed, 1999)
Visit Gerry Hemingway on the web.